Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Americas (Bridgestone) today introduced the M863 all-position radial tire designed to help deliver outstanding performance and increased durability for on- and off-highway fleets. The new Bridgestone M863 provides a simple solution to equip tough trucks, concrete mixers, dump trucks, construction fleets, logging trucks and more with a product proven to deliver more miles per tire1.
“When designing the Bridgestone M863, our goal was to produce an all-position tire without trading off its durability, retreadability, or performance on- and off-highway,” said Steve Hoeft, President, Commercial Truck Group, Bridgestone Americas. “We believe the versatility of the M863 will maximum performance and efficiency for fleets.”
With the M836, on-and off-highway fleets can utilize the same product in several different positions when a more aggressive tread is not needed. The 4-belt construction on the M863 delivers exceptional durability and a premium casing for maximum retreadability. Other key features of the M863 lineup include:
- Stone rejector platforms: Help prevent trapped stones from pushing deeper into tread grooves and piercing belt layer, damaging and exposing belts to rust.
- Block sipes: Promote traction by slicing through water for a solid grip on wet roads.
- Stabilizing tie bars: Help reduce block squirm to fight irregular wear and extend tread life.
- Wide flow-through grooves: Evacuate water effectively for solid wet traction.
The Bridgestone M863 is currently available in four sizes: 11R22.5, 11R24.5, 315/80R22.5, and 12R22.5, with more sizes expected to become available in 2023.
To unlock the full potential of the Bridgestone M863:
- Get the most out of your tires with Bridgestone Bandag retreads. Retreading is an increasingly important solution fleets are incorporating into their tire programs that not only extends the life of their premium tire casings, but helps reduce the environmental impact of end-of-life tires, maximizes fleet uptime, and mitigates overall operating costs.
- Empower your fleet with Bridgestone Fleet Care, a customizable suite of mobility solutions that can reduce downtime and costs. The M863 can be supported by solutions like our tire-monitoring service IntelliTire, which provides real-time data on tire pressure monitoring, temperature, speed, and more to detect and avoid tire issues before they happen.
The M863 product line aligns with the Bridgestone E8 Commitment, which serves as an axis to drive management while earning the trust of future generations. The Bridgestone E8 Commitment consists of 8 Bridgestone-like values starting with the letter “E.” The M863 product line aligns with the “Efficiency” and “Economy” values.
1 Comparison based on the Bridgestone M863 tires vs. Michelin X Works Z tires from internal testing. Size 11R22.5. Results may vary depending on proper tire and vehicle maintenance, road conditions, and driving habits.
Source: Bridgestone, January 31st 2023
About Bridgestone Americas, Inc.:
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S.-based subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader in tires and rubber, building on its expertise to provide solutions for safe and sustainable mobility. Headquartered in Nashville, Tenn., Bridgestone Americas employs more than 45,000 people across its worldwide operations. Bridgestone offers a diverse product portfolio of premium tires and advanced solutions backed by innovative technologies, improving the way people around the world move, live, work and play.