Thermo King Announces TracKing Telematics As Standard On New APU
Minneapolis, MN —Thermo King, a leader in sustainable transport temperature control solutions and a strategic brand of global climate innovator Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT), announces that telematics hardware bundled with a two-year TracKing® telematics service subscription will be standard on Thermo King APU, trailer, and large truck products beginning January 1, 2024.
“Thermo King innovation is driven to help our customers deliver freshness, keep loads safe and optimize fleet performance. Providing data with actionable insights for fleet operators is a vital component to moving the industry forward and enhancing the customer experience,” said Chris Tanaka, vice president of product management for Thermo King Americas. “To make this easier for customers, we are putting the data they need at their fingertips – automatically – with qualifying new unit purchases.”
Thermo King has been integrating TracKing telematics hardware into its Precedent® trailer units since 2018 and its T-90 large truck series of units since 2020. In addition, the 3rd Generation TriPac® APU introduced earlier this year became the first APU to offer telematics as an option. Beginning in 2024, all Thermo King APU, trailer (over the road and rail) and large truck products will not only come standard with the hardware but also a two-year service subscription.
Meaningful fleet data allows customers to optimize fleet efficiencies while helping managers and operators maximize the energy potential of its refrigerated transport solutions. This supports load integrity to prevent food loss throughout the cold chain, protect assets, and more.
Tanaka further explained, “We have long understood the benefits connectivity provides customers and the impact it plays in creating more sustainable fleets and ultimately, a more sustainable world. Our decision to make the service standard is an investment aligned with our Sustainability Commitments and our pledge to help customers meet their company goals and regulatory requirements.”
The many benefits of TracKing telematics include:
- Real-time asset connectivity – Visibility into the reefer monitoring system such as the temperature set-point, fuel levels, load condition including actual load temperature, and both past and present asset location is available 24/7.
- Maximum uptime – Service reminders and alerts help minimize vehicle downtime, prevent costly, unplanned asset breakdowns, enhance maintenance practices, and improve fleet utilization to balance fleet workload.
- Compliance and security
- Temperature compliance is proven with reports and graphs that log temperatures of sensitive cargo throughout every point in its journey.
- Asset security is confirmed with door sensor data that records all door openings, allowing temperature and security management.
- Cargo traceability monitors shipment location and condition so delays can be managed proactively. Geofencing capabilities with notifications can also be set.
- Access to innovative dashboards – Summaries of information offer insights into overall fleet performance and readiness scores. This technology turns data into practical intelligence by delivering information that matters most to fleets to improve operations.
- Data sharing capabilities – TracKing telematics can be easily integrated into third party websites and/or backend systems to meet the needs of all customers.
Source: ThermoKing, October 3rd 2023